How to Choose a Mortgage Broker
The Best Home Loans for You
Have A Question?
In life, you will have many decisions to make. Many of these decisions are minor, such as where you will eat lunch or what you will do this upcoming weekend. However, there are major decisions you will make throughout life, such as what career you want to pursue, which college you will attend, and what home you want to buy. All of these have major implications on the course of your life.
The Mortgage Store is an online mortgage brokerage that caters to your needs. We go above and beyond to ensure that the home ownership decision you are about to embark on is easy and smooth in terms of financing. We work hard to find you the right mortgage that will fit your budget and not break the bank. If you are looking for a personalized mortgage experience, then contact us to get started today!
Need Mortgage Advice?
THE IMPORTANCE OF A MORTGAGE BROKER DURING THE HOME LOAN PROCESS
The job of a mortgage broker is to find you the best home loan possible. This includes the best interest rate, the best terms, and the least amount of closing costs. You can think of them as an intermediary who represents you as they shop around different banks and alternative mortgage lenders in order to find you the best possible mortgage. This is their greatest advantage as they work with dozens or more of financial lending institutions, rather than just one if you were to head down to your local bank to apply for a mortgage. In sum, you will get the best deal on a home loan, as long as you choose the best mortgage broker.
HOW TO CHOOSE A MORTGAGE BROKER
Now the question begs: how do you find the best mortgage broker? Admittedly, this is a crowded field, and not all mortgage brokers are the same. In general, you will want to look for the following qualities in a mortgage broker:
- Experience. Mortgage brokers rely on their network and connections with local and national mortgage lending institutions in order to get you the best deal on a home loan. Those with experience know a good deal for you when they see it. The Mortgage Store, for example, has a vast network of mortgage lenders that we work with to ensure you have the best mortgage for you.
- Knowledge. The mortgage lending industry is complicated. There are many different laws that must be followed that have been put in place to protect you, the borrower. Thus, having a good working knowledge of the many different types of mortgages available, the qualifications and stipulations for each, as well as all of the applicable laws is crucial to the speed of the mortgage process.
- Attitude. Your mortgage broker needs to have a "can do" attitude. For many people who are on the cusp of qualifying for a home loan, they need a creative mind in order to make their homeownership dream come true. Having a mortgage broker who will go to bat for them matters. Choose The Mortgage Store who has your back no matter what and who believes anything is possible.
WARNING SIGNS OF A BAD MORTGAGE BROKER
There are unscrupulous mortgage brokers who pepper the industry that you need to watch out for. These people are in the mortgage business for themselves and not for you, the homebuyer. Below are some warning signs to be aware of when searching for a mortgage broker:
- Lack of communication. When obtaining a home loan, time is of the essence since you normally have between 45 and 60 days to close on a home loan. There is a lot of necessary information that your mortgage broker will need from you in order to meet this tight timeframe. If you feel that your mortgage broker is not very responsive, it may be time to enlist the help of another.
- Indifferent. Being indifferent is one of the worst qualities you can have as a mortgage broker. This basically means that you are not all that important to them — that you are just a number. This likely means too that any mortgage you qualify for will be "good enough." For such a huge decision, you don't want that attitude. You want the personal attention that you deserve.
- High lending fees. For a home loan, there are many different types of fees you will end up paying, from a loan origination and printing fee to the interest on the loan and closing costs. All of these add up and can greatly affect your monthly payment, your loan amount, and how much you will end up paying for the mortgage at the end. Beware of high lending fees that are substantially above the industry's average.
WHY THE MORTGAGE STORE IS YOUR TRUSTED MORTGAGE BROKERAGE FIRM
The Mortgage Store aims to break the mold in terms of what a mortgage brokerage firm should be. Our mortgage brokers boast over 50 years of industry experience which we then use to bring you the best mortgage terms available. We can offer you all types of mortgages that will work for your situation, from government loans, such as FHA and VA loans to conventional and adjustable-rate mortgages.
Our team of exceptional mortgage brokers spends a lot of time getting to know you and your situation, what you are looking for in a mortgage, and what your target range is. We spend a lot of time educating you on your options and answering your questions. We want you to be 100% comfortable with the mortgage you eventually decide to go with. Our mission is for you to be 100% satisfied with your customer experience at the end of your mortgage process.
If you are looking for a top-rated mortgage brokerage firm who can offer you dozens of options and who will fight for the most favorable terms for you, then call The Mortgage Store for a free consultation today!